Humidur® AF is the anti-fouling coating in the Humidur® product range. This environmentally approved product is generally applied on structures where fouling forms a threat to the operations. The coating can be applied to static and dynamic structures as the mechanism is based on friction-less leaching. It is designed to be applied in one coat on steel, concrete, aluminum, glass reinforced plastic (GRP), fibre reinforced plastic (FRP) or on top of a Humidur anti-corrosion coating to stop corrosion AND fouling.
Humidur® AF is a solvent-free and tin-free 2-component modified polyamine cured epoxy coating. Humidur® AF offers an excellent adhesion onto the Humidur® anti-corrosion layer or straight onto the substrate if requested and stops the bio community from adhering by safe leaching.
- Protection against fouling
- Single coat system
- Environmentally friendly (100% solids, no solvents, no TBT, no isocyanates)
- Capable of curing under water
- Excellent adhesion to the substrate
- Can be applied on steel, concrete, aluminium, glass reinforced plastic (GRP), fibre reinforced plastic (FRP) or on top of Humidur® anti-corrosion coatings
Humidur AF is generally applied on structures where fouling forms a threat to the operations:
- Anti-fouling in shipping: e.g. ship’s hull
- Offshore structures
- Marine structure: e.g. lock door
- Intakes of cooling systems or hydropower facilities
- Inside of pipelines transporting any kind of water, regardless of its salinity
When the substrate is steel or aluminium, provide an anti-corrosion layer first.
- ABS certificate (American Bureau of Shipping)
- CCS certificate (Chinese Classification Society)
- University Ghent: tin-free anti-fouling coating
- SGS Intron: Leaching from a coating system: determination of anti-fouling properties
- Eco-friendly anti-fouling according to MSC.282(6), IMO MSC.1/Circ.1379, IMO MSC.1/Circ.1426